Summer in the city means cleavage cleavage cleavage
And I start to miss you, baby, sometimes
I've been staying up and drinking in a late night establishment
Telling strangers personal things
Or telling them nothing at all
Concocting an identity
The way a magician pulls a white rabbit out of the hat
I enthrall, flirt, make Cheshire Cat eyes
In a sad attempt to distract that
It is....
Summer in the city, I'm so lonely lonely lonely
So I went to a protest just to rub up against strangers
And I did feel like coming but I also felt like crying
It doesn't seem so worth it right now
So I go walking
I walk eighteen hours a day
Trying to outrun the tears
The guilt
The sheer loneliness
Gnawing at my ribs
Causing my empty stomach to rumble and gurgle
And I'm ready to throw up
And I'm desperate to make a change
Do something
Only I realize
Some things are broken beyond repair
And the castrated ones stand in the corner smoking
They want to feel the bulges in their pants start to rise
At the site of a beautiful woman they feel nothing but
Anger, her skin makes them sick in the night nauseaous, nauseaous, nauseaous
I've been known to befriend those ones
And yesterday a person
Totally divorced from reality
Smiled and said hello
As she walked past me
Sitting outside
In a dirty dusty doorway
Morosely scowling
And chain smoking
And I was grateful for contact
Summer in the city, I'm so lonely lonely lonely
I've been hallucinating you, babe, at the backs of other women
And I tap on their shoulder and they turn around smiling
But there's no recognition in their eyes
I'm used to the pain that comes from those moments
And though they say hope dies last
It finally breathed its last breath, emitted the bone chilling death rattle
And left me for good
I don't search anymore
Though at times you can find me
Sitting at a public table with a drink
And while my nose is in a book
My eyes are darting back and forth
Hoping to see a familiar face
Or someone who wants to
Make a new friend
Oh summer in the city means cleavage cleavage cleavage
And don't get me wrong, dear, in general I'm doing quite fine
It's just when it's summer in the city, and you're so long gone from the city
I start to miss you, baby, sometimes
A long journey. Too long. Too hard.
And here, now, I tell a secret
This is too much to overcome alone
So I succumb
Because its a distraction
And I don't have to think about anything else
When I'm busy with
A mind and life consuming
Obsession.
When it's summer in the city
And you're so long gone from the city
I start to miss you, baby, sometimes
I start to miss you, baby, sometimes
I start to miss you, baby, sometimes
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment