Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Dark Night

Opposite poles repel
Not attract
Yet my lack of substance
Leaves me without any sense of
Desire or disgust
Just a mere musing
...Am I empty...?
...Is there any love...
...To be had...
... By me...?

This is life
In all its pragmatism
Dis-ease
Melancholy
As she tries to pull me
Down to earth
Reminding me
To pay the bills
Go to the dentist
Go to work
Save for retirement
Yet still, I am lost in the stars
Only...
... They're dimmer now
Somehow

She says it's because
I'm truly alone
And merely faking
An open heart
Do I desire
A life of plenty?
A life of one?
A life of solitude?
Do I choose freely?
Or is it just that
Like the stars
My options have dimmed?

Looking outside
Upon the snow globe world
The pragmatism of life
Piercing my very core
And I wish it had never existed
For me
At all

No comments: