Her dazzling the piano keys
Sometimes turns to pounding
In an outburst of emotion
And I feel empty and shallow
Just to have those emotions
Flutter through my ears
On their way into the universe
Each time I hear her, I want to be her
The way she finds a way to voice every thought
Every emotion
In a charming and relateable way
I want to do that
I want to be her
For you
Two nights ago
You asked me where I've gone
What's going on
And why I don't say much of anything
Anymore
I bit my lip and looked at the streetlight
Scrounging within my soul
To grasp my truth
You told me last night
You felt stagnant
I didn't speak then either
Because I lost my breath
Is it me that leaves you feeling
Like still water with algae
Pooling around the edges
Turning the clear blue
Into green ooze?
So I put my arm around you instead
Praying my touch could convey
My fears and my deepest feeling
... I don't want to lose you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment