Monday, December 28, 2009

Fruit masks the toxins
Coursing through the veins
And it all snuck up on me
And I want your love
So I run off
Because then you'll still love me in the morning
I had planned this night all day
Not knowing the train wreck it would turn into
And now, lost.  Simply lost.
Lost in happiness
Fearing abandonment
Lost in happiness
Hiding misery
And self-destruction
And now my stomach hurts
Because I didn't eat
I only drank
And I couldn't deal
With anger
Disappointment
Rationality
The real world
So I hid
And if she comes over tomorrow
I'll have to admit
I drank the whole goddamned bottle
Alone
But she won't see...
She won't...
Because we only focus
On pretty faces
Cheery smiles
Amazing legendary personas
And meanwhile...
She'd understand
But I need to protect her
You'll never understand
And I need to protect me
And
And
And

I just didn't expect things to end up like this

No comments: