Sitting in a corporate
Coffee-slinging hellhole
It is freezing outside and I work soon
Not soon enough
Reading critically acclaimed words
Spotlighting some kind of madness
Or, at the very least
The dysfuntion of everyone
Exuding from their mere movements
I, too, am dysfunctional
And find myself yearning
For a drink, for some pills, for a hit
Or, maybe, to be in his arms
These arms that alternately cradle
And crush
A python squeezing the very will out of me
I hate him when he's screaming at me
I love him when he's screaming at me
For a snake he may be
I am a spider and he's in my web
The very identity I have for myself
And even though I can't breathe
Its easier when he's squeezing
Minutes pass
And now blood drips off my lips
And out of my fingertips
Like I said, I'm dysfunctional
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment